Saturday 9 February 2013

beach house



After our Highland travels, it was pretty good to get out of Lima and to G's Uncle Memo's beach house in Assia - and to swim in the Pacific for the first time! We swam, ate a lot and played with the kids. 


And saw some pretty incredible sunsets. 

 I found it pretty different from what I'm used to: driving from the city, we passed swathes of desert punctuated by tiny straw huts where whole families clearly lived. The house and the gated community it lies in couldn't have been more different, with nannies accompanying children everywhere and all our meals and snacks prepared by the housekeepers and cooks. The wealth disparity was something I'd never experienced before and made me feel both lucky for everything I get to do and see, and overwhelmed by how much needs to change. 




No comments:

Post a Comment